June 1st - August 15th: Artist registration opens June 1st and ends August 15th or when 40 artists are registered. Pay your registration fee online here.
September 9th – Opening Day of Valdese Plein Air Fest
• 9am – 4pm – Artist check-in, canvas stamping at Valdese Rec Center, 312 Massel Ave. SE
• New! 11am – K-5 “Kids Paint Out” plein air workshop during Free Family Fun at the Falls, McGalliard Falls Park, Church Street NW
• 2 - 4:30pm –Scouting walk for Painting locations – meet at McGalliard Falls pavilion, and walk to Meditation Point. Shuttles back to the Falls will be provided.
• New! 5pm – Artists meet and greet at Twin Brothers Pizza, 719 Main Street E in downtown
Valdese. Live music and pizza will be provided; purchase your own beverages.
September 9th – September 15th Painting Days
Artists can invite family and friends to watch them paint during the week.
New! Special for Grandparents’ Day: “Chalk it Up” sidewalk art event from 2 -4 pm at the Valdese Family Splash Park, 312 Massel Ave SE, Valdese, NC 28690
• New! 11am - 2pm – Vibrant plein air painting demonstration featuring Lyudmila Tomova, free for participating artists, at a location to be determined – artists must register for this session when they check in on September 9th. Registered artists only, please.
• New! 5- 9pm – Mid-week artist meet and greet at location TBD
September 15th, 10am - 3pm
Artists submit two pieces of artwork, one marked for judging, both clearly marked with name, medium and price. Event hosts will create final labels from the information provided.
September 16th - Morning – Judging of artwork
• 4-6pm – Wet sale, reception, and award ceremony in Old Rock School Auditorium. Live music, hors d’oeuvres, and Peach Bellinis.
• 5pm – Awards Ceremony
Following the event, any artwork not remaining for optional display through September 24th must be removed.
Artists choosing this extended display option are kindly asked to pick up their artwork promptly on September 25th by 4pm.
Participating artists and one guest are included in the $35 registration fee. Tickets for additional guests are available for purchase for $20 each at valdesepleinairfest.com
Below you will find information about sponsorship of the next plein air event in September. Paint the Park was a success last year. Rock School Arts Foundation, Friends of Valdese Rec, Town of Valdese, and the Recreation Department are working to help this become an annual event. And in doing so we decided to rename to encompass all of Valdese. By doing so, we can bring old and New friends into Valdese. Helping them find ALL Valdese has to offer.
Whether you are an individual, a family, a group, a business, or a corporation. We need your help!
Payment may be made by Mailing a Check or In-Person by bringing to The Old Rock School (locked box on door of Executive Director’s door or give to one of the ladies in the Tourism Office) Cash or a Check made out to Rock School Arts Foundation. Thank you in advance for helping to continue the event, the reception, wet paint sale, and all the fun activities connected to the Valdese Plein Air Fest.
Renaissance Sponsor - $500
Romantic Sponsor - $250
Realistic Sponsor - $100
Impressionist Sponsor - $50